Almost finished with the Coke machine! I cut the metalsign up and converted it to a lite-up sign instead, this was an original option on these machines. Powdercoated the frame that was left in silvermetallic and installed two LED lightbars 3000K warmwhite color. Cleaned up the shelfs and compressor, checked all wires, oiled up the coin mechanism. Got all new emblems, locks and water decals on. Only waiting for the stickers on the sides of the machine “Have A Coke” the ones I got from US was in wrong color. Soon its time to load it up with bottles and just plug it in! The last final pics coming soon…

bild15

bild16

bild17

bild18

bild19

bild20

bild21

bild22

bild23

bild24

Looked like this 6 days ago (!) Quick turn around time!
bild1

Today I started to sand down the black surfacer/primer so it was all smooth! Found some new dents that needed to be fixed also. And when it was all done it was time for shooting the Coca-Cola red paint. It was a hardtime to find the paintcode. Maybe it is trademarked. But the paintshop sells paint directly to the Coca-Cola company in Sweden so they had all the codes. It turned out great, looking really good. Next up is mounting back all hardware, trims and logos etc. The sign was in metal on the machine but Im going to convert it to a light up sign instead and using modern LED lightning. Also going to check up the compressor and all wirings before its ready to be put in service.

bild7

bild8

bild9

bild13

bild10

bild12

bild11

bild14

Have sandblasted alot of parts in the new cabinet, so nice to have. No need for waiting on the mediablasting company any more. Just put it in the box and go! Got a box full of new parts from Justkampers.com yesterday too. Brakeservo, starter, all brakepipes, front beam seals, 4 torsionarms with new pressed in balljoints, transmission gaskets and seals etc. Also scored a NOS Eberspächer combustion/airpump for the BA6 heater. Found a supplier in the UK of new BERU glowplugs for BA6, the GZE201 plug replaces the old (original) BZE22. Have anyone tried the new GZE201? Let me know how it worked: info@maindrive.org

Have scraped and cleaned all of the chassi during the last 2 weeks. Hope to push on further with the chassi this week and weekend and get it primered, seam sealed, undercoated and painted in body color. After that the chassi is ready to get all the new parts bolted on! More coming soon…

bild89
bild89b bild90 bild91 bild92 bild93 bild93b bild94 bild95 bild96 bild97 bild98 bild99 bild100 bild101 bild102 bild103

Yeah the winter season is definitely here. It’s -10 celsius (14 Farenheit) outside here in Sweden. But days like that are perfect for ordering new VW parts with a cup of coffee in the other hand. Im making a loong list of new parts for the Baywindow Highroof project and also new window rubbers etc for the VW T3 transporter. After 10 years of building VW’s I finally found a serviceminded VW part store that have great quality on their stuff too!

Im now buying all my new parts from JUSTKAMPERS instead. They are based in the UK but ships worldwide, cheap shipping prices and have the best service you will ever find from a VW shop. I can really recommend these guys, take a look at their website here!

I also got some stuff done on the Highroof, removed all brakes, masterbrakecylinder, booster, steeringrods etc front beam soon ready to get dropped down and put on the table for some restoration (new needle bearings, balljoints, bumpstops, kingpin bushings etc). Hope to get started on the metalwork on Benny’s T3 soon also…

winter1

winter2

winter3

winter4

Justkampers vw parts

During the summer the Gasoline Magazine came by the garage for a photoshoot and quick interview. Read all about it in the latest issue, in stores now! Or visit: www.gasolinemagazine.se

imageimage image

Now I need to wait atleast a week before wetsanding and then 2 more coats of clear, then wait some more and wetsand with 2000 grit and polishing. It will look deeeep…

Thats it for today. Now I need to wait atleast a week before wetsanding and then 2 more coats of clear, then wait some more and wetsand with 2000 grit and polishing. It will look deeeep...