Did some work on this Volvo V40, rear bumper was scratched and needed to be repair and a new paint job. Color is special for the Ocean Race editions I think and is called: Crystal White Pearl 707

The fridge problem started last summer, and since it still cools and runs (could be used) the problem have not been fixed until now. The issue was that I just runs and runs until the battery’s was empty. So I changed to a new Waeco thermostat. But it was still behaving the same. Next thing to replace then would be the fridge controller unit and would cost around 300euros to buy as new spare part. A new fridge around 600+euros.

Instead I bought a 20euros universal digital temp controller and wired it in, replacing the old mechanical thermostat. It now works great, keeps the temperature more stable and uses less energy. I can even see the present temp inside the fridge on the display, and I can now change temp settnings without open the fridge door (and letting all cold out). If you have the same problems with your Waeco or Dometic 12v fridge I can really recommend to upgrade to a digital thermostat instead 👍 I also added a extra computer fan for better ventilation inside the cabinet on hot summer days, compressor will be happy 🙂

The plan with this T3 pickup is to make it a daily driver. You can ride 5 persons and still have a big flatbed that you can load with almost 1 ton of stuff on. Now a ton of work need to be done, everything in the chassi, brakes, steering, transmission and engine needs to be replaced with all new parts to make it as dependable as possible. Also some rust and bodywork needs to be done also. Engine was junk, a 1,9 DG petrol. It’s going to be replaced with a bigger 2.1 DJ/WBX with 112hp.

This pickup will be used on winter which means it will get a new undercoating and rockers and doors sprayed with wax-oil on inside. Engine will get a engine warmer and inside will have a diesel heater with remote control. Here comes some pics!

Early start of the camping season 2020!Usually at this time of year we have a lot of snow and temperatures around at least -10 Celsius. But not this year, almost no snow at all and temperatures around +10. So we decided to drive higher up in Sweden to find some snow, mostly for the kids but also to try some winter camping. We drove 300km to Kläppen in Sälen, Dalarna here in Sweden.

Everything worked fine, bus handled the snowy roads very well and heat was no problem at all, the bus i very well insulated in floors, walls and roof. Dieselheater worked awsome too during the days. We had lots of fun in the snow, had a campfire grilled some meat and had a good time inside the warm bus, playing games and watching TV. We had a constant inside temp of 23-26+ celsius inside the bus.

Here is some pics, the last picture is me using the kitchen stove as a engine heater 🙂

The T3 army camper now have a winch with a pulling power of over 4-tons! I made a own bracket so I can remove the winch quick when I not need it or move/mount it to the rear of the bus. Because if you drive down a ditch with the front first, what use do you have then if the winch is mounted solid to the front end? Now with this bracket I won’t have that problem. This makes it more flexible. A winch is also good to have for removing bigger trees that have been fallen down on over small backroads etc

Now we have both a wheel machine and a tire balancer. Also adapter for balancing VW 205/5 (wide5 rims) pre 1967 that most tire shops don’t have anymore.

info@maindrive.org

#maindrivegarage #karlstad #däck #vw

Some additions to the T3 have been done. A axe with holder, perfect for campfires or trees and branches laying over small dirt roads. Also a 20 liter spare jerrycan have been mounted on the tailgate. I have two cans I choose between, one with diesel or fresh water. Good to have in remote places.

I have changed my old 1.6 Diesel to a 1.9 from 1999 in my 1983 VW T3 bus. The engine code is AEF and it can be found in VW Polo, Skoda, Seat and Audi. When I started this conversion I was suprised how little information it really was about doing this swap. So I made a video collecting this information and what parts needed and problems that I had to solve. So hopefully this will help others that is thinking about doing this conversion. Good luck!