Some progress on the 65’. Engine got a 12v generator, new spark plugs, distributor cap/rotor, ignition coil, ignition wires, 12v regulator, serviced carburetor, new exhaust, valves adjusted, new oil. New shocks all around. Fenders are bolted back, floor painted, fuel tank cleaned, new fuel lines and filter. The new brake system is bleed and works perfect.
It’s been awhile since I updated anything about the 1965 Rat Beetle. Moving slowly forward but hopefully it can be ready for Safety Inspection this spring/summer.
All of the old (complete!) brake system was thrown in the thrash and replaced with brand new parts. New shocks all around too. New wheel bearings. New hoses, brakelines and every nut/bolt is new in the brakesystem. Fenders have been removed for clean up and new blackbody/ship paint applied to underside. Going to be re-installed with new bolts and seals, anti rust wax etc.
Engine have been worked on also, valves adjusted, new oilsump/gaskets, new: sparkplugs, dist.cap, ignition coil and wiring, rotor, condensator, restored Solex 30-pict carb, new fuel lines everywhere, new exhaust system and all gaskets, restored 12v generator and new Bosch charge relay and 12v generator stand, new fan belt and pulley, new throttle cable etc.
That’s it for now! Next up is transmission overhaul and then test start the engine for first time in 20 years…
My old Oval ragtop, a pan off restoration but with original paint/patina body. This was 2005.
It is time to get this beast out on the road again! A 1961 Monark Monarscoot with a 2 speed Ilo Piano engine. It was found and digged up in the forest/woods 15 years ago and have since then been resting in my garage. Still sporting cool old SpeedRiders stickers from back in the day (1998-ish). Needs lots of love, as picture shows, basicly everything is shot and need to be replaced with new parts.
Plan is to make it a ratlooker with a updated drivetrain with more performance. 🙂 Stay tuned for more updates, this is going to be a quick build, needs to be done before the spring, so its ready for all the mopedrallys this summer. Will be a fun ride!
This is a well built portable/wireless modern stereo in a cool retro suitcase. It has loud speakers with lots of bass, aux/mp3 connection for smartphone. USB connection lso. Volume button, treble, bass etc adjustment. Built in charger and battery so this can play wireless on the beach or at a meeting/event for 10 hours without charging. We have built suitcase stereos since 2007.
Want a stereo like this? A ready to play “standard stereo/suitcase” like this would cost around $300 or 290 Euros. Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
And we will start building your retro dream stereo…
A clip from the headquarters…
Finally the brakes are all done on all 4 corners. New masterbrakecylinder, lines & fittings, rubberhoses, wheelcylinders, breakshoes and new brakefluid to top it off. Now just some electrical and engine tune up is left to do before safetyinspection and lowering job.
… and gearshifter this afternoon. Looks much better!
New lines, wheelcylinders, hoses, shoes etc. Soon ready for safetyinspection/MoT. More to come in the near future…
Soon back from the dead…
This is the story of my old 1950 splitwindow Beetle. When found it was basicly just a rolling shell with all the parts stuffed inside of it. So it needed alot of work to get rolling again. The first thing to do was cleaning it out and wash the chassi and put a new fresh coat of undersealing on it. The old front beam was takeon out (saved) same thing with the transmission. It was some early 1940’s KDF parts on it, like steeringbox and door handles, very cool and rare! The old transmission was swaped out for a more modern with syncrozied gears, so a custom made bracket for fiting the new trans was needed. New bushings, new adjustable torsionarms and lowered shocks, 2 splines lowered on the torsion. The frontend got a brandnew fronbeam with dual adjusters and narrowed 6 inches. New CB performance dropped spindles, new flipped tie-rods, all new brakes all around. All windows got new rubber seals. Engine was an almost brand new industrial engine, 30hp! This car runned great on the road and never a problem with it. I had to sell it in 2009 when I got the chance to buy a Samba bus project instead. The split is now in Italy at a VW collector. Apparently it’s a super rare car in Italy, only 2 know to exist in their country, cool! Guess they just have Fiats and Ferraris there, I feel sorry for them.